Wink's WordsWhat is the story of Carthage ISD? If you don't tell the story of your school, someone else will, and you may not like the story being told. In my 4 weeks here, I have found and shared multiple stories about the excellence in our district. Would you be willing to help us tell even more stories?
Every Tuesday, a statewide initiative called #TxEdTuesday highlights the great things happening in Texas public schools. If you have something that you'd love to tell about Carthage ISD, please let your principal know and they can either share it on the district or campus accounts or pass it along to us so we can share it for you.
The world deserves to hear our story.
You can't get Engaged without a Relationship First.
Have you ever met someone who got engaged to someone they didn't have a relationship with first? The reason that I ask this question is because relationships are everything when it comes to engaging students in the learning.
Do you want better student engagement? Well, it won't happen without strong relationships for learning first. Here is a list of questions to reflect on students who are least engaged in your learning?
- How well do I call my students by name daily?
- How much do I greet students coming and/or leaving my class daily?
- How well do I listen attentively to my students?
- What do I know about my students' lives, hobbies, and interests?
- What do I know about my students' personal and academic challenges and interests?
2019-2020 School Calendar Approved (Click Here)
The school calendar was approved at the February 11 board meeting. Key points of the calendar include the following:
- 5 Flex Days during the school year will be earned as professional development during the summer.
- Easter weekend will have a flex day on Good Friday, and Bad Weather day on the Monday after Easter.
- School starts on Monday, August 19 and ends on May 22 (before Memorial Day)
Staff ShoutoutWe have amazing staff members who go above and beyond to make Carthage ISD the premier district. This week we celebrate Jacqueline Schneider from Junior High, Tommy Holman from Maintenance, and Debbie Miller from Primary.
Please join me in thanking them for their positive example.


WATCH THIS!
Upcoming Events
- Mon, Feb 18 - 5th Six Weeks Begin
- Fri, Feb 22 - Report Cards go home
- Mar 4-8 - Texas Public Schools Week
- Mar 11-15 - Spring Break
Click Here to read "The Quest to Excellence" - Community Blog
No comments:
Post a Comment