We are in the last week of the district-wide study on student engagement. CONGRATUATIONS, and thank you for all of your hard work. Last week, we reviewed Independent Learning. CLICK HERE to read the great comments from educators in our district.
Your Task (LET'S GET THE MOST COMMENTS EVER)
We invite every district employee to read each weekly post on engagement and then comment with what you are currently doing to provide these kinds of engagement structures in your current instruction. Every person who comments will be entered into a drawing for PRIZES. Don't miss your chances to share the excellence in your classroom with everyone and a chance to win PRIZES.
THIS WEEK'S TASK - EXIT TICKET (Please CLICK HERE, read and leave a comment)
Last week's comment winners include the following: Judy Reyes, Angela Hardy, Kim Griffith, Shelbye Almeida, Jennifer Myers, Karen Caver, Gina Dodge, Sherry Parker, Donna Kushner, Brittany Ford, Jessica Alexander, Melissa Anderson, Chelcy Shows, Sherrie Russell, Kristi Glass, Colette DePriest, Leslie Brightwell, Amber Isbell, Brooke Kneipp, Karen McAlister
Wink's Words
Do you have the 'I Win' or 'We Win' mentality? When Tiger Woods won the Masters after an 11 year major tournament victory, he didn't tell his caddy, "I won". He jumped for joy as he screamed, "WE WON!!!". Remember this. We never really win anything for ourselves. People are helping us along the way, either with their encouragement, their advice, or even by sharing their expertise with us. The next time you win, who will share your victory with?
In a sport that’s individualized like golf, @TigerWoods telling his caddy “WE DID IT!” Not “I did it”.
“I Guys” don’t win. Simple as that. pic.twitter.com/SBOef78oAS— John LaCorte (@CoachLaCorte) April 15, 2019
Staff Shoutout
Congratulations to the following awesome staff members for their positive example: Amber Isbell (Primary), Jeannine Milam (JH), and Chris Bowman (Transportation).
Upcoming Events
- Sat, May 4 - CHS Prom
- Week of May 6 - HS STAAR Week
- Week of May 13 - Grades 3-8 STAAR Week
Click Here to read "The Quest to Excellence" - Community Blog

Iloved this "we" mentality.
ReplyDeleteThank you for encouraging us. I love the interaction with our district colleagues through our blog posts. I believe it keeps us better connected. I'm learning and getting new ideas. And, the prizes are pretty cool too!
ReplyDeleteyou are most welcome! I love this place, and the staff inspires me every day to give my best.
DeleteI love the "We" because it takes team work to accomplish our goals. I think it is Awesome how you praise everyone for their good works. We are so blessed at CISD!
ReplyDeleteMany thanks!
DeleteThank you for all the positive reinforcement that you give us individually or as a group. We are blessed to have you and your sweet family here!
ReplyDeleteYou are most welcome.
Delete